Even though it is in the sixties Fahrenheit for highs today, it's a week from Thanksgiving, so it's time to discuss the question on many people's minds.
How can I accommodate everyone for Thanksgiving?
I'm not a complete expert on all dietary restrictions, food allergies, dish preferences, cultural differences, and so on. However, I can give you ten tips for accommodating vegans this Thanksgiving. These suggestions also work for serving vegetarians since all vegan food is vegetarian.
- Serve a vegan-friendly main course.
- Use a different utensil to serve every dish.
- Please do not ask about their food.
- Avoid having them assist in the kitchen.
- Treat veganism like an allergy.
- Ask for recipe recommendations.
- Have everyone bring a dish to Thanksgiving.
- Set the vegan dishes away from the nonvegan main courses.
- Practice creating the vegan recipes before the big day.
- Have a frozen vegan meal as backup.